There are so many CBD products to choose from, especially when it comes to pain-relieving and anti-inflammatory topicals. Below, our CBD experts from Go Botanicals will explore the basics you should understand about CBD roll-ons and why they’re one of the best CBD products you should consider trying out soon.
Please continue reading to learn more. Also, visit our selection of other educational CBD articles to find more important information about the overall health benefits people are experiencing with CBD.
Related: CBD 101: A Brief Guide for First-Time Users
Can I Rub CBD Oil On My Skin For Pain?
CBD is probably the most versatile of cannabinoids. You can consume it orally, vape it, and drink it; you can even bathe in it and apply a refreshing CBD roll-on afterward. Although there is still more to discover about this fascinating compound, it has been found to have impressive benefits, including managing pain.
CBD roll-on is just one of the popular cannabidiol-infused therapeutic products on the market today. But does the topical application of cannabidiol work as well as oral consumption? This article takes a closer look at CBD roll-on for pain, how it works, and some recommended products.
What The Research Says About CBD Topicals
There is a growing body of evidence suggesting that topical CBD products may help alleviate some pain types. A 2020 study on the effects of CBD on neuropathic pain reported a significant reduction of intense and sharp pains after treatment.
Another study published in 2016 found that topical application of CBD reduced inflammation and pain in a rat model of arthritis. Finally, a 2019 study found that patients with a specific facial pain that affects the jaw experienced significantly less pain after topical CBD application.
What Is a CBD Roll-On?
CBD is now everywhere and in almost everything. The compound has a wide range of health and wellness uses, but it doesn’t end there. CBD can be taken in several ways as it can be infused in different products.
One of the most popular methods to use CBD is topical applications. The topical application involves applying CBD directly to the skin using balms, salves, lotions, and ointments. These can be used in various methods, but CBD roll-on for pain has caught the most attention.
A roll-on is not a new innovation. It has been part of the skincare industry for years, mostly used to hold antiperspirants and other creams. A CBD roll-on stick, on the other hand, is used for CBD-infused products.
CBD roll-ons are just like typical roll-ons; they have a reservoir to hold the formulation, a rollerball for application, and a cap to stop leakage or drying up. To apply, you roll the ball directly on the skin, and it applies the contents, meaning you don’t even have to touch it!
Whether you can use it for pain, however, depends on the ingredients.
Why Should You Use CBD Roll-On?
Unlike other ways of consuming cannabidiol, the topical application doesn’t involve getting the compound into the body. In other methods, to get CBD to work for you, you have to get it into the bloodstream through vaping, oral, or sublingual application.
This means that CBD has to go through an entire process before you can get the desired pain relief. CBD roll-on acts directly on the area where the pain is felt. This makes it the best option for localized pain relief.
Topical CBD doesn’t have to go through long processes such as digestion to take effect. It only has to be absorbed through the skin and interact with the cannabinoid receptors in the area. This means it can provide relief faster than most methods can.
Another advantage of CBD roll-on is that the contents don’t get into the bloodstream. This is great, especially when using full-spectrum products that may contain traces of THC.
These cannabinoids may help deliver the entourage effect, and since they don’t get into the bloodstream they have a very minimal chance of triggering drug tests.
CBD roll-on is also easier to use than other topical products such as creams, balms, and lotions. It is portable and can be easily carried without the risk of leakage.
The ball applicator also means that you can apply CBD without your hands coming into contact with the contents. This makes CBD roll-on the best way to relieve your pain on the go.
Benefits of CBD Roll-On for Pain Relief
Years of research and anecdotal reports have solidified CBD’s place as a potent, natural-based pain reliever. But that’s not the only reason why it’s popular. CBD also possesses antioxidant, neuroprotectant, and anti-inflammatory properties.
These CBD properties make it a potential therapeutic agent for various conditions, ranging from anxiety, pain, inflammation, and seizures to skin conditions. However, as with any new health and wellness buzzwords, people aren’t sure if CBD works as well as its supporters claim. So, does CBD work for pain? The short answer is yes.
Relief From Pain & Inflammation
Pain and inflammation are some of the most important body responses. Although it is uncomfortable, pain is important to your well-being. Without it, you wouldn’t know when something is wrong, and your body would suffer untold damage.
However, sometimes the pain just won’t go away on its own, and this is when it becomes a nuisance. When this happens, we can be quick to put some painkillers in our mouths, hoping to go back to our normal selves.
Pain and inflammation have conventionally been treated using opioid-based painkillers and NSAIDs. With the opioid crisis, there is a growing concern about their potential misuse, overuse, dependence, and addiction.
What’s needed is a safer, non-addictive, and more effective alternative. Research and anecdotal reports suggest that CBD may be the safe and non-toxic pain reliever that we have been missing.
By interacting with the CB1 and CB2 receptors of the ECS, CBD may help relieve pain and inflammation. CBD’s analgesic and anti-inflammation properties suggest that it may help manage arthritis pain.
A survey by the Arthritis Foundation notes that 79% of the respondents are currently using CBD, have used it in the past, or consider using it as an alternative therapy to help manage arthritis. This has led to the Arthritis Foundation’s release of the first CBD Guidance for Adults with Arthritis.
Are you currently looking for a new, top-quality source of effective CBD products for yourself and your beloved pets? Our experts at Go Botanicals are proud to provide our customers with a wide selection of specially formulated CBD gummies, roll-ons, tinctures, capsules, and more.
Other Benefits of CBD Roll-on for Pain
Here are the other benefits of the CBD Pain Freeze Roll-On from Go Botanicals:
- Menthol Cooling Effects – The product contains menthol, which provides cooling effects to the targeted areas. This helps to quickly soothe the sore muscles, while the potent CBD formulation provides long-lasting relief.
- Helps target pain points better – Compared to other CBD delivery methods such as oral delivery or vaping, a CBD roll-on does a better job of targeting the affected areas since you apply it directly on the skin where the pain is located.
It also bypasses the digestion process, meaning it will deliver relief much more quickly than other methods.
- Mess-free – You don’t have to touch the formulation each time you want relief; just apply it directly where needed.
- OTC Registered – You can rest assured that you are using a high-quality product, scrutinized and validated by the FDA for meeting the highest standards of manufacturing, packaging, and labeling.
How to Use a CBD Roll-On for Pain Relief
Using a CBD freeze roll-on is pretty straightforward. You only have to roll it on the affected area and wait for the effects. Here are some tips on how to get the most out of your CBD roll-on:
- Apply the roll-on to the correct area – It’s important to remember that pain doesn’t always come from where you’re feeling it. For example, many headaches are actually caused by tension in the neck and shoulders. You may need to take some time to correctly identify where your pain is coming from and apply your CBD to that specific area. Doing so will help increase the roll-on’s effectiveness. This will also help you avoid wasting any of the product.
- Clean the area before every use – This will remove anything that may block the CBD from reaching the skin, such as dirt and oils. Cleaning the site will also help keep the roll-on clean. While you don’t need to take an entire shower every time you want to apply more of your roll-on, you should at least give the area a quick once-over with some soap and water.
- Do a patch test – While CBD should not cause any adverse reactions, some other ingredients could irritate your skin. To ensure this doesn’t happen, apply it to a small patch of skin that is usually covered and monitor for any reactions. This part is essential if you have sensitive skin or a skin condition, such as eczema, which may become irritated by the roll-ons formula.
- Apply the right amount – Ensure you apply enough CBD and menthol combinations to achieve the best results. Using too little means it won’t be as effective, and using too much can be a waste. Try applying smaller amounts, to begin with, and gradually increasing the amount to find the dosage that works best for you.
Have realistic expectations – While research indicated that CBD topicals could effectively remedy pain, discomfort, and inflammation, you still need to have realistic expectations regarding the products you use.
Some may not be very effective, especially if you’ve suffered from chronic pain for an extended period. Also, keep in mind that no product is likely to start working overnight, and you’ll likely see the best results with prolonged use.
How Often Should You Use It?
CBD applied topically is safe even in high doses. There is no limit on how often you can use CBD roll-on for pain. However, it is recommended that you give the formulation enough time to be absorbed before re-applying.
If the desired effects aren’t achieved after 90 minutes, you may apply another dosage.
Go Botanicals CBD Pain Freeze is the Best CBD Roll-On for Pain
Looking for a CBD roll-on that actually works? CBD Pain Freeze is what you are looking for. It combines a potent dose of premium CBD with the cooling effects of menthol to soothe sore muscles, achy joints, and other pain points.
This premium roll-on delivers 200mg of pure CBD in each bottle. It is Over-the-Counter and registered with the FDA, so rest assured that it is produced, packaged, and labeled at the highest standard.
With our potent CBD formula that offers long-lasting relief, you will be back to your life in no time.